2. June 2011 18:25
With the economy on the upswing and show floors flourishing, reporting record registration levels, NOW is the time to invest in a suspended fabric structure that’ll get you the added visibility you need to OUT SHOW your competition. Vince Alberta, VP of The Las Vegas Convention Center and Visitors Authority, reports a recent surge in suspended fabric displays from years past. Exhibitors are loosening their purse strings and opening their minds to these floating graphic phenomena. Before you whole heartedly invest in a Fabric structure, we’ve outlined the good, the bad and the ugly.
These suspended sensations are hung sky high and therefore guaranteed to elevate your visibility from the show floor to drive traffic to your booth.
Fabric structures will also:
- Save you TONS on Shipping – because they consist of lightweight aluminum structures and printed fabric which dismantle and pack compactly.
- Evolve based on your display needs – fabric structures can also accommodate layered graphic signage for dramatic effect or target messages to specific audiences.
- Let you outshine your competition –lighting draws visitors like moths to a flame so add backlighting to your fabric structure.
- Are rentable – so try before you buy, request a quote here.
The Bad and The Ugly on Rigging
Suspended structures exceeding 20lbs require a chain motor truss for installation. So rigging your fabric structure can be expensive depending on its overall weight, number of pick points and complexity.
- Most rigging services require submission of a diagram 21 days prior to the show set up so that the designated show engineer can approve your specs and requirements. Onsite rigging is typically at least 30% more than the early bird rate.
- Fabric structures are usually allowed only with peninsula and island booth spaces so check the rules and regulations in your show services manual for details.
Rigging sound like a headache to you? Check out some of our Stand Apart Fabric solutions that elimate the need for rigging
Like these Show Smart tips? Share them with your friends using our social sharing tools.