23. October 2014 16:30
“How to Make Trade Shows Work for You” - a four-part webinar series sponsored by Nomadic Display concluded Tuesday, October 21. Trade show sales and marketing experts, DJ Heckes, CEO of Exhib-it, and Laura Furumoto, Owner of Marketing To Go Now, led the final installment.
“Making the Most of Your Trade Show Presence,” helps trade show exhibitors plan and implement strategies for developing their competitive advantage before, during, and after their events. Heckes and Furumoto shared pre-show marketing tips and trends to help build event awareness; at-show sales and marketing tactics that help make stronger connections with event attendees; and post-show marketing techniques to foster continued rapport once everyone’s gone home.
The first webinar in the series, “Why Tradeshow Marketing?” was held on January 21, and focused on
- Why sellers/buyers connect successfully at trade shows
- Trust tradeshows for your innovation – historically the worlds new innovations from GPS to tablet computers have been introduced through this venue
- How to leverage the power of the trade show ecosystem
- Research stats to support your budget due diligence
- 23 proven ways to use tradeshows to better your business
The second, held on April 22, advised attendees on the importance of trade show diligence in “Selecting the Right Show,” in the right market. Key takeaways included:
- The process for selecting the right shows
- Why you should budget before you select a show
- Getting buy in from the relevant players in your company
- The 10 Point Litmus Test
- How to tie technology in with your objectives
“Notable Exhibiting Trends” was third. Presented on July 22, this inspiring and practical session illustrated
- Current trends in the exhibit industry
- Key ingredients for great trade show booths
- Assessing which exhibiting company to work and what they should do for you
- Tips for connecting with trade show attendees based on personality types and generational traits.
Missed them live? View the recorded versions of all four “How to Make Tradeshows Work for You” webinars online here.
All webinar attendees received a free digital download of the ultimate trade show marketing handbook, The Noise Behind Business: How to Make Tradeshows Work. Written by DJ Heckes and Chris Kappes - a sales and marketing executive himself - The Noise Behind Business explores the tradeshow eco-system and the relationship between buyers and sellers, branding, show selection, pre-show planning, pre-show marketing, budgeting, staffing, demonstrations, and even venture into virtual trade shows and projections into the future. Order your copy here.
Gwen Parsons is the Senior Vice President of Marketing at Nomadic Display. She is a regular contributor to the Nomadic Display Blog and can be found at Google + and LinkedIn.