13. January 2010 21:02
exhibitors are planning their 2010 trade show and event programs. The
Center for Exhibition Industry Research released 3 new studies recently
that may influence your plans - - here are the highlights.
- Marketers truly value exhibiting at B2B events and anticipate participating in the same number of events in 2010.
- The average booth size in 2009 was 555 sq ft and exhibitors anticipate their booth size will remain consistent in 2010.
relations, new leads and brand/product awareness were considered the
most important objectives for participating in B2B exhibitions.
the most used promotion activities, giveaways were rated the most
effective for driving traffic to exhibitors’ booths, followed by show
signage and e-mail.
- Of the least used promotion activities, social networking was rated the most effective, followed by coupons.
professionals make up the growing share of your target audience. They
have the power to make buying recommendations today but will have
purchasing power in the near future. To attract these attendees to
your display consider their preferences:
- to receive exhibition information through technology-driven communications including email, social media and web sites
- to learn about products/services related to their job or that will solve a problem at work
- to visit exhibits that are interactive vs static
- to view one-to-many style presentations vs “hard sell” one-to-one approaches
asked about the most important metric to evaluate event success, 80% of
executives responded it was sales and 70% of exhibitors indicated it
was the number of qualified leads.