26. May 2011 18:14
In honor of Memorial Day, Nomadic salutes the fallen men and women that lost their lives in service of our country. We have a couple of little known facts to share with you surrounding the history of Memorial Day via the History Channel:
- Originally known as "Decoration Day", Memorial Day honored service men who had given their lives in battle by decorating their grave stones with flags and flowers.
- Memorial Day was first widely observed in 1868 following the Civil War.
- Congress declared Memorial Day a National holiday in 1971.
- Today Memorial Day is celebrated in Arlington National Cemetery with a ceremony attended by thousands in which a small American flag is placed at EVERY grave site.
Take a few minutes to show your support and appreciation to the US military men and women stationed overseas by sending a FREE postcard today.
Use our social share buttons to share this post with friends and family
17. May 2011 02:21
Every year since 1963, the President of the United States has proclaimed National Small Business Week to recognize the contributions of small businesses to the American economy. A few little known facts may illustrate their impact:
- More than half of Americans either own or work for a small business
- Small Businesses create 60-80% of new jobs in the country
The U.S. Small Business Administration honors the nation’s top entrepreneurs each year by selecting a Small Business Person of the Year from each of the 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands and Guam.
Winners celebrate by gathering for a 3 day educational conference in the Nation's Capitol in May where one state winner is also selected as the National Small Business Person of the Year. This year's winners represent a broad range of companies including a pediatric outpatient clinic, technology solutions provider, gourmet chocolate manufacturer, “green” commercial cleaning service, and an educational publisher.
Nomadic Display is a proud co-sponsor of Small Business Week. To recognize and promote their achievement, each Small Business winner receives a Nomadic banner stand as a trophy to use on premises and at local events
Not able to attend Small Business week? Check out the real time live webcasting directly from the event and you’ll feel like you’re there
Congratulations 2011 winners!!!.
Are you a small business or just liked post? make sure to share it with your friends using our social share buttons