7. May 2013 18:57
Trade shows are investment of your time and money but well worth it when the end result is making a great impression on your clients and prospective buyers. Luckily, there are ways to do this even with a smaller footprint - here are five of our favorite tips.
1. Keep it clean and bold. Less really is more, especially with smaller exhibit spaces. A display with too much going on looks cluttered. Work with your exhibit designer to blend bold graphics with your products and digital media so they work together to promote your company to its best selling advantage.
2. Maximize your space. Eliminate as many barriers to entry as possible. Place draped tables to the side instead of out front. Place computer workstations and lockable counters against the backwall so visitors are comfortable entering your booth space to learn more. Split up the activities in a 20' space to spread out your visitor traffic. For example, place a conversation area with a table and chairs on one side and a demo area on the opposite side.
3. Make it bright. Visitors are drawn to bright displays like moths to a flame. Lighter shades of color in flooring and cabinetry can make you look larger. Use pops of color in signage or carpet to provide an element of surprise. Top it all off with halogen or LED lights and you'll glow on show floor.
4. Engage your visitors. Once you grab the attention of passersby, you need to give them a reason to stay. Attendees are at the show to learn so give them a way to see, hear, touch, taste or smell your products. Use interactive tools, hands on demos, samples, etc. that will involve your visitors.
5. Get your tech on. New technologies have opened new opportunities for exhibitors to leverage smaller floor plans. Big screen motion graphics, touch screens, tablets, video badges, RFID and so much more. You don't have to use every technology, but try your best to take advantage of the trend.
Remember, its not the size of your trade show display or budget that determines how successful you will be. Strong design, creativity, and good booth management are all major factors in trade show success. Even those on lower budgets can create stunning displays that attendees will love, and the right combination can keep people coming back again and again.
For more design tips, download our Special Report on Exhibit Design Strategies.